India > Lakshadweep >Follow The Rules of Paradise
Follow The Rules of Paradise
Visiting Lakshadweep is an experience unlike any other you have had till now. One has to keep a lot on his mind before traveling to these 36 coral islands hanging midway in sea between Indian mainland and unending stretches of shimmering blue water visible till the horizons. From the moment you start your journey to Lakshadweep, till the time you return; there are certain rules that are to be strictly followed by Indian and foreign nationals touring to Lakshadweep. Find all the information needed to know for a comfortable, chaos free and memorable vacation in the group of magical islands.
1. Remember to book for the tour way in advance as number of tourists allowed on the islands at a time is restricted to a limited number.
2. Being away from the mainland, you will not find many shops here. So it is advised that you carry with yourself all the necessary items. Medicines and basic amenities are a must. For brand conscious people, it is better they carry with them their preferred brands of cigarettes and cosmetics.
3. Through out the journey, you will be assisted by a representative of SPORTS (Society For Promotion of Nature Tourism And Sports). It is always better to ask for his help in tourism related queries.
1. It is a Punishable act to pick corals. It also effects the ecosystem adversely.
2. Carrying prohibited drugs and narcotics into Lakshadweep is a punishable offense.
3. Alcohol is not permitted in Lakshadweep.
4. Swimming or Sunbathing nude is not allowed.
5. Do not Pluck coconuts from the trees. They are privately owned and plucking coconuts without permission is a punishable offense.
It doesn't matter whether you are an Indian national or a foreigner, you need permit to travel to Lakshadweep as tourists. All you need to provide for the permit is proper information like name, address, date and place of birth. In case of foreign nationals, passport and visa details are also required to be given to the resort staying in. Indians are permitted to travel to Agatti, Bangaram, Kadmat, Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy. However, foreigners are only allowed to visit Agatti, Bangaram, and Kadmat. Make sure you book a seat on a tour way in advance as number of tourists allowed on Lakshadweep islands is restricted.
Food And Drinks
Not many visit Lakshadweep in search of sumptuous food and delicacies. And you will not find any major specialty of Lakshadweep in cuisine department. Most of the dishes here resemble a lot to foods found in Kerala because of the spices used. Even the lavish use of coconut also gives them a flavor so symbolic of Kerala. A major chunk of Vegetarian dishes like rice and tinned food has to be brought in from Kerala whereas fish curries are easily available as the local diet is heavily based on fish. There are ample of restaurants on major islands like Agatti. Apart from serving Lakshadweep cuisine, they also cater Continental, Chinese, Thai and Korean
Best Time To Visit
The most favored time to visit Lakshadweep is between October and December as the climate is quite pleasurable. People planning to visit after February can expect a slightly humid and warm conditions. But what more enjoyable than splashing in cool waters under the hot sun.